Bacteriology and Plant Interactions
- Dean Gabriel - Molecular genetics and genomics of bacterial plant pathogens. Xanthomonads and Candidatus Liberibacter spp.
- Jeffrey Jones - Molecular genetics and genomics of bacterial pathogens, particularly Xanthomonads. Biotechnology of disease resistance in tomato and pepper.
- Rosemary Loria - Evolution of plant pathogenicity in the genus Streptomyces. Secondary metabolite production and biotechnology.
- Samuel Martins - Etiology of bacterial diseases and assessment, manipulation, and extraction of bacteria from the phytobiome to manage plant disease, improve nutrient uptake and diminish the impact of abiotic stress.
- David Norman - Molecular genetics and genomics of Ralstonia solanacearum. Disease management of ornamental crops.
- Mathews Paret - Antibacterial Nanomaterials, Field Diagnostics, Integrated Pest Management, International Agriculture
- Wen-Yuan Song - Molecular mechanisms of the plant immune system. Bacterial blight disease of rice caused by Xanthmonas oryzae pv. Oryzae. Plant stress biology.
- Gary Vallad - Etiology and management of bacterial and fungal vegetable diseases. Development and implementation of bio-based disease management strategies.
- Frank White - Bacterial virulence effectors, genetics, genomics, and host interactions. Crops include rice, citrus, wheat, tomato, maize.